CHILDREN WHO WITNESS VIOLENCE (CWWV) PROGRAM
Children who have witnessed violence receive short term trauma therapy services. The goal of the program is to help the child overcome the trauma of violence and to minimize the effects of exposure to violence on the child. Families are also linked with helpful community resources.
For more information contact Sara Sweet at the Children's Advocacy Center at 419.460.3835.
CHILDREN WITNESSING VIOLENCE MAY EXPERIENCE...
• Problems in relationships with friends
• Decline in school performance
• Aggressive behavior
• Emotional and behavioral problems
• Feelings of isolation
• Post-traumatic stress disorder
• Impaired brain development